Sunday, August 12, 2012

Burger-licious and Laksa-licious, SS15, Subang Jaya

Behold, the best street burger I had discovered so far. Located in the bustling area of SS 15, the burgers here are perfect for quick munchies that will successfully pleased your growling and howling tummies.


Menus list are easily read, hung all around the little truck, with pictures big enough to actually make your wait  feel like an agony. To add to your misery, there are almost 20 selections for you to make.



But it is alright to go through that agony for a while. 

Burger Special RM 3.80

It is so bloooody good! Such sloppy tasteful mess with the lovely runny egg. Me and my partner-in-crime (click!) felt like we had a food-gasm. So good that I would actually go back religiously to have it whenever I can.

Walk about 100m down the road to Asia Cafe, which business are always better than brisk. Another amazing discovery, "Penang Ayer Itam Pasar Asam Laksa". I got hooked to this particular laksa stall for the past few months, and introduced it to my partner-in-crime and she agreed that it was a near reminiscence of the one she had in Penang. (She spent a year or two working on the island previously, she is a asam laksa-fanatic like me too!)


 My checklist for a good bowl of asam laksa:

1. Slippery and soft thick rice noodles. Too hard or too soft noodles is a No-No to me.
2. Thick broth with a well balance of chunky and fine fish pieces in it. Diluted laksa is a No-No to me.
3. Pungent broth and not to spicy nor too sour.
4. Well-garnished



The one here was garnished with bunga kantan too. Sold at only one standard size at RM 5 per bowl. Don't be too surprised to find a number of Asia Cafe patrons ordering this asam laksa!


The Burger Shop at SS 15,
Opposite Silva's Mamak Restaurant,
Opened from 6pm to 4am daily, except Sunday

Penang Ayer Itam Pasar Asam Laksa Stall,
Nearer to the side of Starbucks Coffee,
Asia Cafe, SS15,
Subang Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment